Friday, April 28, 2017

The underdog

I never really gave it much thought.
To me this was just my son living his dream, pursuing the avenues of 
his thoughts and aspiring to be a man of much greatness.
And then, I read this post his manager made :

"Good Morning. What I post from this account is what I love most. And one of those things is the underdog. I love the underdog because it takes a certain amount of confidence and work ethic to come from nowhere when no ones expects you to make it. That's why I'm sharing this video because I believe in the underdog. Jordan Moore #Lights The EP produced entirely by Core DJ LifeIs Aveology Averi Minor #Coming soon Here is a visual from the project. I can't wait until you see the rest of the roll out from this.......this dude is going from nothing to something. #FAST #GG #Gringogang # "
            
That is when it all hit me, he is the true definition:
un·der·dog
ˈəndərˌdôɡ/
noun
  1. a competitor thought to have little chance of winning a fight or contest.
    • a person who has little status in society.


He has always been the doubted one. 
The one everyone blamed for everything because he had a bad attitude, 
was defiant and hated school.
This kid was a tough one, there were many tears shed and days I thought how in the hell 
are we going to do this, BUT we did.

The underdog, the one no body thought would amount to anything other than a life 
of violence and jail time. 
All of this simply based on his appearance and voicetress personality. 
His talent not only shines through in his music  but in his art, his many tattoos most of which he has done himself. 
This is a young adult of many colors and a heart of gold, this is my son.
You simply cannot judge a book by its cover.

It takes something special to keep going when all odds are stacked against you.
There is a certain kind of fight in a person who can simply never give up and
walk through fire like they were made for that shit.
It is times like now that I can say from a parents view, stick by your children no matter what,have their back, be there for them, show you care even when they do not want to be shown, never let them think you have given up on them, always push them to be the best version of themselves and never ever ever try to make them something they are not, accept them just the way they are!!!
It is now I can smile through all the bad and say this is what it's all about!
I am so PROUD!
Here it is folks hitting the streets 5/5/17
Lights the Full EP 
Go download or stream now



I always told him that one day he would be able to look back at all the people that told him he could not make something from nothing and say "look at me now"... and so that day is here!
Look at him now!!!!




Follow him on IG @ gringoj_mo_
Visit and share their page www.gringogang.com






No comments: