Friday, June 5, 2015

What's in a name?

PROJECT ALERT!   PROJECT ALERT!!

Before baby Capuchin met this world the mister and I sat down to make this what turned out to be AWESOME wall art that spelled out her name.

Madi!

What you will need:
Walmart letters, they are the cheapest I have found besides online. Now these are not wood but what appears to be some thick cardboard type material, but whatever.. they were CHEAP and worked purrrrrfect! 
Walmart acrylic paint. It is literally .50 a bottle and they have a bazillion colors. 
I chose to make a white background on them all, and color the pattern I was adding.
I was going for the chevron print look.
My colors were pink, orange, blue and green. We used masking tape to make the pattern. You can do just about anything your imagination can come up with.
Walmart or Dollar Tree ribbon. This can be of any color, size, shape you choose. This is used to hang each letter. I went with black. 
Hot Glue to stick the ribbon on the letters.
Image result for voila
-The finished product-


* A little secret... her 1st birthday is in 2 months and will be Mickey, so I am reusing these letters and making this
How stinking cool will that be. :) I am stoked. Stay tuned for pics. :)


No comments: