Sunday, May 3, 2015

Killing Cancer??

Have you heard???

MRI of patient on Poliovirus trial



A trial is underway at the Duke University Medical Center that could be a HUGE break through.
The TV show 60 Minutes was able to follow some brain cancer (glioblastoma) patients through this trial to get a first hand look at what the outcome could or would be. Patients who were given nothing but a death sentence. This my friends is simply amazing, it literally brought me to tears. If nothing more, this is a huge step in the right direction, I believe.

If you have not seen this I recommend checking it out, here is the link to the 2 part series.

Cancer hits home with me, I lost my father in November 2009 to pancreatic cancer.
It was a battle I would never wish on my worst enemy. 
From diagnosis to the end it is a mean and ugly monster that rips through and destroys all it can. It took me a couple years to even process what had happened. There is so much that I wish I could see in this life but nothing more then a cure for cancer. 
This trial gave me a whole new hope.


Image result for pancreatic cancer awareness








No comments: